- Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- White Pelicans can be seen in large flocks on rivers, lakes and ponds as they begin their migration northward.
- Chipping Sparrows return and Swamp Sparrows start their migration in mid- to late-March.
- Like the European Starling, House Sparrows were introduced to the US from Europe and have spread across the country.
- Bald Eagles, Screech Owls are sitting on their eggs.
- Purple Martins return by the middle of the month; be sure to have your houses ready.
- Woodcocks are doing courtship flights.
- Cardinals and robins begin nesting.
- Bluebirds begin nesting by the end of the month.
- Begin monitoring houses middle of the month.
- Phoebes return this month.
- Goldfinches begin to molt into their brilliant yellow plumage.