We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
152 North Locust Hill Drive
Lexington, KY 40509
Phone: (859) 268-0114
Fax: (859) 266-5016
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Conveniently located off of Richmond Rd. on North Locust Hill Dr. behind the Kroger shopping center.
• NABA National Butterfly count.
• First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders early in the month.
• Except for goldfinches and late bluebirds, bird breeding and nesting season ends this month.
• Thistle plants begin to seed; goldfinches gather thistledown for nesting material.
• Mallards and Wood Ducks molt into "eclipse" plumage and are unable to fly for several weeks.
• Blackbirds begin to flock and appear at feeders.
• Listen for the feeding screeches of young Barred and Great Horned Owls.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.